Established 26 years ago in 1987, the AOT Group now provides travel services for over 700,000 passengers per annum throughout Australia and New Zealand, the South Pacific and around the world.
The AOT Group contracts, packages and sells accommodation, touring, car hire, flights, transfers, day and extended tours, fly-drives and other travel products and services for FIT's and Groups for our Government, Wholesale and Retail customers.
Our fantastic team of industry professionals, our sophisticated technology solutions, our direct relationship with over 5,000 supplier partners and our distribution networks worldwide ensures that AOT provides mutually beneficial solutions for our supplier partners, our distribution partners and travellers alike.
Our wholesale and inbound FIT businesses offer a complete solution for our wholesale and retail partners for travel throughout Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and the world.
Our Group operations manage ad hoc, special interest, series, incentive, conference and shore excursion movements for groups from 10 to 5,000 guests.
And as the officially appointed manager of the Commonwealth Governments Accommodation Program, our Government Services team negotiates, co-ordinates and books accommodation arrangements for more than 100 Agencies of the Commonwealth Government
With offices in Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Auckland, Nadi and Mumbai and sales offices in Shanghai, Hong Kong, Singapore, Jakarta, Milan and London the AOT Group is the perfect partner to source your travel content needs in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
With an easy to use API application, we have over 90 API connections into client systems around the world and we provide state of the art systems solutions to reduce your content acquisition and management costs, maximise your availability and yield and deliver 24/7/365 customer service to your clients while travelling.
AOT has five operating divisions:
- The AOT Group is looks after the customers of many of the world's major wholesalers and we own and operate three established inbound brands, AOT Inbound (AOTI), ATS Pacific, Pacific Spirit Travel and Experience Tours Australia (ETA).
- AOT owns and operates Sunlover Holidays, Australia's largest Domestic Travel Wholesaler, offering products and services in every State and Territory of Australia. Sunlover Holidays has preferred partnership deals with Harvey World Travel, Travelscene American Express, the Concorde Agency Group, Jetset Travelworld, Magellan Travel, Orient Express Travel Group, Creative Holidays, Travel Counsellors and Travellers Choice.
- In partnership with Air New Zealand, AOT also operates Air New Zealand Holidays, which distributes product throughout New Zealand, Australia, North America and globally via Air New Zealand channels. Based in Auckland, Air New Zealand Holidays has brochures on New Zealand, Australia, Fiji, the Cook Islands, Hawaii, USA/Canada, Hong Kong / China and the South Pacific.
- In December 2013 the AOT Group announced that it will be taking over the operations of Territory Discoveries from 1st December 2013 under a 3 year Licence Agreement with Tourism NT. Territory Discoveries, is based in Alice Springs and is the destination specialists for Australia’s Northern Territory.
- AOT's B2C online division operates last-minute & year round accommodation and touring web sites including needitnow.com.au, bestrates.com.au, travelmate.com.au and needtoescape.com.au.
- Our Government Services Division, is the officially appointed Accommodation Program Manager by the Department of Finance and Deregulation for the Australian Government to exclusively contract and book all domestic accommodation for over 100 Federal Agencies and Departments. The official portal for this operation is www.aothotels.com.au.
The Government Services Division provides Government Agencies access to the largest range of Australian accommodation providers and operates a 24/7/365 call centre and one of the most sophisticated accommodation booking engines in the world. Agencies do this directly through our website or via their Travel Management Company, who access AOT's inventory.
- AOT owns 60% of Tourism and Transport Fiji (TTF) which has the largest fleet of passenger transport vehicles in Fiji. Based in Nadi TTF provides SIC and private transfers, operates a twice daily Coral Sun express service from Nadi to Suva, operates Day Tours under the Great Sights brand and adventure tour packages under the Feejee Experience brand.
THE AOT TEAM
The AOT Group team has 550 members employed in our 7 Operations offices worldwide (Melbourne, Sydney, Gold Coast, Brisbane, Auckland, Nadi, Mumbai) and our 7 Sales offices located in Canberra, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Jakarta, Singapore, Milan and London.
Key AOT contacts are:
Andrew Burnes, CEO
Cinzia Burnes, COO
Gary Paterson, Director, Global Dir. of Sales & Marketing
Des Fielding, Director, CFO
Barney Johnstone, Director, Group GM Content
James Munro, Group GM Contracting
Leanne Chard, Group GM Wholesale
Rohan Moss, GM Government Services
Jason Strong, Group Strategy Manager
Stuart Neels, Group GM ATS Pacific